Monday, February 12, 2007

Quick Update

Just a quick note about my Grandfather. He is still intubated and in the ICU. The doctors have taken him off 2 of the 3 meds. to keep his blood pressure up. He is not getting any sedation and even smiled yesterday. He is completely cognitive and once they get the fluid levels down in his body should be able to start weaning him from the ventilator. The doctors are amazed at how quickly he turned around. I guess they don't know what a stubborn old man he is. Just wait 'til they get that tube out of his airway!

I have to get back to work... got lives to save (LOL).

3 comments:

Jim Chandler said...

Jhonni - that is SO awesome! I'm always amazed at the strength of body and mind, and their ability to overcome. Stubborness can definitely come in handy in these situations. I'm sure there are still challenges ahead, but this is fantastic news. Hang in there!

Lisa said...

Hey, Jhonni,

That's great news! He and Stacey are so lucky to have you. Now, get out there! Go save a life. (You are awesome.)

RedWrites said...

Stubborn is good! Very good! Although, I prefer to think of it as holding on to convictions and never giving in to anyone :) That's how I use it to describe the 4 year old Princess that lives with me. Keep saving those lives :) Luv to the you!