Friday, June 1, 2007

A Night In The Life Of Lisa


Last night I spent the evening with my dearest friend Lisa. I have often thought of myself as having obsessive tendencies. I like to have my towels folded a certain way and pointed the same direction. I group my soups and canned veggies with like cans. I realize I am actually quite tame in comparisson after a night with Lisa. Lisa has opened my eyes!


Before I begin, let me take this opportunity to add a disclaimer. I obtained permission from the alleged obsessor herself prior to posting.

1. The lint brushes- I have a lint brush. I use it sometimes when I'm wearing a sweater, heading to church and I'm taking care of a few last minute details. My husband uses it to remove dog hair from his uniforms on his way out the door. I have had the same lintbrush since we moved into the house in October. Lisa lint brushes her headboard and pillows with a swiftness like none I have seen before. When she ran out of tape... it was okay... she had a SIX-PACK of lint brushes in reserve. Some can go through a six-pack of beer in an evening of fun... Lisa... lint brushes. Is that impressive or what?


2. Swivel Sweeper patrol- For those who know Lisa, you are already aware of her sweeper habit. What I didn't know was that it ran much deeper than that. Not only does she have one swivel sweeper... she has 2 with back up charger packs and a "Shark" which truly lives up to its title because you can hear it coming.


3. Breakfast- Oh what to fix for breakfast? Well, we have no eggs. You certainly can't make bacon without eggs. How 'bout pancakes or waffles. No, again no eggs. I know, lets have twinkie sundaes!!!! It was just too late last night to have a sundae before bed because we had just returned from a Wal-mart shopping frenzy. You cannot deny a child's sundae... they earned it.
Every endevor is followed by clean-up time. This is intensive group time. No corner is left undone. No crumb left behind thanks to the handy dandy sweeper, the shark, and lint brushes. Time is of the utmost importance because we are always off the the next endeavor. I love Lisa! There is so much I can learn from her. I now realize that I have been doing it wrong all along.

I think Lisa may have missed her true calling in life "Lisa's Organize-your-life-so-you-have-time-to-do-everything" business. Of course, the first client would have to be me.

9 comments:

Lisa said...

I love you! You are TFF. An accurate reporter, but TFF.

How about I teach you how to organize your lingerie drawer with separate compartments for the matching "Fierce" and "Rebel" panties we own? Now THAT would be a fun Friday night, n'est pas?

P.S. Tim thinks we create the wrong impression with "Bad Girlz". He wants us to become "Urban Girlz" instead. Jiggy that!

Tim said...

That's a very sweet and loving (and accurate) portrait. Thanks for painting it…

She certainly knows how to clean,
The most amazing I’ve ever seen,
I must confess,
I once was a mess,
But thanks to Lisa, some days I’m pristine!

Unknown said...

Hey Mick... email me when you get a chance... looking for some paramedic career info/advice for my niece. bkibbey a t comcast d o t net

RedWrites said...

Ooo... next time give us a call - we know how to make fabulous pancakes without eggs :) all you need is a little oil, baking powder, and extra milk :)

I must admit, Lisa is the reason I bought the swiffer... and intrigued about the lint brushes... and the organization of the lingerie drawer. THAT could be very entertaining :)

RedWrites said...

I mean, the swivel sweeper :) Oops!

21 Charles Street said...

Fierce? Rebel? Very, very interesting indeed!!!

Lisa said...

Teddy suggests (sub)Urban Girlz. How sad. How accurate. How much trouble can you get into being (sub)urban?

Stepford's looking like it's a rockin' hot little town.

zendra said...

I bought the swivel sweeper too. My girls use it to clean under the table after meals. Love it.

Karla said...

What swivel sweeper? I need one - are you talking about a swiffer? I have a toddler people; trust me I have MESSES! :) I too could learn from Lisa!