Sunday, March 4, 2007

New Shoes!

Let me tell you what my son said tonight while catching up on American Idol! My husband and I were discussing a recent purchase I made (more like a permanent investment) over the weekend when Kelly Pickler walked onto the stage with what appeared to be a new set of (.)(.). Ryan Seacrest asked her what she has purchased since making it big. She said, "new shoes" not realizing that he was referencing her lovely cleavage. Robb in a meager attempt to speak in child-proof code said, "now that is a purchase I wouldn't have objected to". Sarah perked up and said," What purchase?" "Uh... new shoes," I replied. I'm feeling confident that the conversation was over their heads.
Later while folding clothes, I realized I hadn't really dodged that bullet after all. The conversation was now about what a wonderful role it is to be called the housewife and all the many responsibilities that go with such a title. I told Matthew that he and his father could just as easily adopt the role of housewife. My witty son chimed in......
"We can't do that, we'd have to buy NEW SHOES!"

8 comments:

Life throws you surprises! said...

Things are never over their heads....they are sponges:)

RedWrites said...

That's funny. Shoes are much less expensive than a new set of (.)(.)

Lisa said...

I'd call your weekend expenditure an investment--investment dressing, that's it!

21 Charles Street said...

Out of the mouths of babes...

Jim Chandler said...

I'm thinking of having a (.)(.) reduction. A sign of age....

Unknown said...

The Cobbler:
I read your post
'bout an inquiring host
and realized I'd nothing to lose;

My mind you have teased,
and I'd be most pleased,
if I could mend your beautiful shoes.

They've been in the sand,
and now in the snow
so I'm hoping that you will agree;

In my tender hands
they'd be happy, no?
If you'd simply bring them to me.



The Beggar:
I've no shoes
of my own to choose
won't you let me borrow your pair?

Now don't be greedy
to those who are needy
you've certainly plenty to spare.


The Homo-phonian:
I read your post,
about shoes that could boast -
my curiosity it sorely did pique;

Is there naught I can do
to satisfy you
so you'll show each magnificent peak?

Please don't decline
have you a canine?
Heck, I'll offer to loan him my peke;

Well, as homophones go
this has been quite a show
so won't you just give me a peek?

winston said...

This whole things appalling!
I find it quite galling
to discover I've been such a rube.
But thanks to Ms. Lights
I've now been set right.
A shoe's not a shoe! It's a boob!

They're not pumps! They're not sandals!
Oh my gosh! Such the scandal!
For if they're really not Air Jordan sneaks
then I must say it's quite queer!
Can I believe what I hear?!
Does she really want to see Jhonni's peaks?

I've got to admit
that a shoe as a ...
Is something I've never considered.
But oh, now the thought
that the cobbler has wrought
simply makes my flip-flop seem much bigger.

zendra said...

too cute - they're tricky little people, aren't they?